(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

what's up vermonters

Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, and Lord of the Rings

Moderator: EmperorsWrath

what's up vermonters

Postby steveNspace » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Just checking in, seeing how you guys are doing. I moved to texas (austin) in march by the way. Hopefully I will get an opportunity to come visit QStaff again sometime. I have yet to get into 40K much (BOLS community is located down here) but I do have my armies with me. Shoutout to all the fellas & I hope Ryan is taking it easy on the seal clubbing
steveNspace

Re: what's up vermonters

Postby the Goat » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 pm

steveNspace wrote:Just checking in, seeing how you guys are doing. I moved to texas (austin) in march by the way. Hopefully I will get an opportunity to come visit QStaff again sometime. I have yet to get into 40K much (BOLS community is located down here) but I do have my armies with me. Shoutout to all the fellas & I hope Ryan is taking it easy on the seal clubbing

Hey Steve,

Good to hear from you. The 40k competitiveness level at qstaff dropped sharply when you left and has not recovered. But that is okay. 6th edition seems to encourage more well rounded armies. The gimmick armies (blood angel mech spam, blood angel hammernator spam, leaf blower guard, etc. ) don't seem as reliable as before.

You should defiantly track down the BoLS guys down in TX and play some games. Your painting (while maybe not up to my standards ;-) ) will blow away the garbage they usually post on their site.

What do you think of the new edition of Apocalypse? Reading through the rules, I think they fixed a lot of the problems in the old version. But it still maintains the feeling of the mega battle. I'm psyched to throw down in a battle. I'm currently painting up more Imperial Guard to match some of the Apocalypse formations.

-Ryan
the Goat
Site Admin

Postby steveNspace » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 am

I haven't read through the new apocalypse rules yet, but I would love an excuse to pick up a FW heresy fellblade. Too bad it doesn't really fit the fluff of a successor chapter. A Thunderhawk would be more appropriate but that's a lot of dough!! Also,I find terminator spam to be fairly effective for 6th :P
steveNspace

Postby steveNspace » Tue May 27, 2014 11:42 am

I see these forums are kinda dead :(

Well anyways, was just checking in again to see whats up after another year. I have not played a single game of 40K in around 10 months, but now that 7th Ed has just dropped I will be getting back into it. It's a shame because I liked 6th quite a bit but only got about 2 dozen games in its entirety. Psykers now seem a little over the top. I come back from 1 year hiatus and now there are giant Gundams on every 40k table, it's a little bizarre.

Anyone going to Wargamescon / BOLScon / TXcon whatever in Austin? I'm probably gonna sign up for the 1500 GT.
steveNspace

Postby the Goat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:22 pm

steveNspace wrote:I see these forums are kinda dead :(

Well anyways, was just checking in again to see whats up after another year. I have not played a single game of 40K in around 10 months, but now that 7th Ed has just dropped I will be getting back into it. It's a shame because I liked 6th quite a bit but only got about 2 dozen games in its entirety. Psykers now seem a little over the top. I come back from 1 year hiatus and now there are giant Gundams on every 40k table, it's a little bizarre.

Anyone going to Wargamescon / BOLScon / TXcon whatever in Austin? I'm probably gonna sign up for the 1500 GT.

Hey Steve,

I think 7th is a great improvement over 6th. Psykers seem powerful until you analyse the math of how the new psychic tests work. It is not feasible to have several powerful psykers casting multiple powers reliably every turn like it was before.

The giant Gundams are hit or miss. I really like the Imperial Knight. The model is hands down unmatched in detail. And the rules are not over powered. Some of the other ones -- basically any giant robots that use the monstrous creature rules -- I'm not as big a fan of.
the Goat
Site Admin

Return to Games Workshop Games