Quarterstaff Games
152 Church Street
Burlington VT 05401Click to see a map.
(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

How did it go?

Northeast Wars: Mischief in the Mountains, Carnage, Wizard World Philly and more!

How did it go?

Postby sixism » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:47 am

How was it guys?
Love's Intolerable Pain
By My Dying Bride

What now, the painting of
young lovers is complete?
sixism

Team VT pulls the Hat Trick!!!

Postby Munchoboy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:44 pm

WWPhilly was a blast! Emma and I had a great time and we have many pictures to share with everyone. Yes, I will post the pix online...for real this time! :D

I'm sure everyone else had a great time too, but I'll let them chime in on their own.

What I'm really excited to share is that for the third year in a row, a VT Envoy has nabbed the highly coveted "Most Valued Envoy" prize at WWPhilly! Congratulations to Chaz for impressing everyone with his barker skills, go-to-it-ness, and overall great work!

Chaz walked away with some great prizes, but I think I will let him tell you about those! I will say this; it's some pretty nice stuff!

Congratulations to Kurt as well; the vote came down to either Chaz or Kurt but Chaz managed to edge him out just barely! I think what finally nudged Kurt out was his over-helpfulness...that'll teach you to move Norm's box of trash Kurt! :wink: :lol:

ANYhow, I just wanted to share the great news with all of our friends at the store!

-J
"In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
When all seems lost in the War of Light,
Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!"
Munchoboy

Postby pszito » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Glad you guys had a blasty blast! We might have to keep a lower profile about our Wizkids crew... or else they'll send the Wizkids Police to moderate us!

So... when are we signing up for next year?!?
ImageImageImage
in vino veritas
~<{ Nick }>~
pszito

Postby Munchoboy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:50 am

Photos are slowly being added to my MySpace. Check out my profile (or the "www" below) for a link and enjoy the awesomeness that was Philly!

FYI, folk will also be able to see pix from all of the shows Emma and I have gone to over the last few years, as well as NE Wars, the Charity event, and more!

-J
"In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
When all seems lost in the War of Light,
Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!"
Munchoboy

Postby sixism » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:13 am

looks like you all had a great time. I hope i can make it next year
Love's Intolerable Pain
By My Dying Bride

What now, the painting of
young lovers is complete?
sixism

Postby kuthell » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:14 pm

It was a blast. Congrats to Chaz for making us have the hat trick. It would have been cool to win MVE again, but I can totally appreciate that the love was shared and it stayed in VT. And Chaz did work hard to earn it. My apologies for throwing out the trash 1/2 hour before the event ended. What was I thinking. :roll:

I didn't get to see much of the hall as I only left to eat lunch. I got on the floor for about 1 hour all weekend. I did see some great costumes and will never be able to look at Rainbow Bright the same way again. If you had seen her you would understand.

One of my favorite parts of a trip like this is food. And boy did we eat some yummies. No cheese steak, I had to try other stuff.

Can't wait till next year.
"In blackest day or brightest night
Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda
Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot
With liberty and justice for all!"
kuthell

Postby emmafilemma » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:27 pm

yes it was so much fun! Being a celebrity for a day was pretty cool, my costume went over very well :D It was nice going with a somewhat smaller crew this time, but the big gang trips are great too! Oh and by the way, creepy spiderman was there again this year, only he faked us out because he had a black spidey costume that actually looked new, as opposed to his ratty, holey, old spidey costume...

Yay cons!
"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in blackest night,
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all-- With violet light!"
emmafilemma

Return to Conventions