(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

Information Thread

October 20th, 2012

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

Information Thread

Postby EmperorsWrath » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 am

Our team is on a mission to save kids through gaming, and we need your help.

Each of us has chosen our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital (Fletcher Allen Health Care) where thousands of children are treated each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

On Oct. 20th, 2012, we'll gather at Quarterstaff Games and play an epic 24 hour game marathon. It's our sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to that team member's chosen hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

Last year, Extra Life raised more than 1.2 million dollars to save kids, but in 2012 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher.

We can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click a participant's name at Team Quarterstaff's Extra Life Charity Event Page and then click the "Support Me!" button on the participant's page.

You can also join the team and gather your own donations by clicking on the "Join This Team!" button on Team Quarterstaff's Extra Life Charity Event Page.

Thank you for caring for our kids!

Brennan and Jeff
EmperorsWrath
Site Admin

Re: Information Thread

Postby ralphie9181 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm

I noticed there isn't a whole lot of info on this event. The FB post says "all types of games" will that be including any miniature gaming, board gaming or anything like that? I am interested in coming to support the event, I just want to see if the games I play will be represented.
ralphie9181

Postby SheepBoy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 pm

We are still working on nailing down specifics. I will be running several board games and I know others will be doing various miniature games. If you have something you would like to see happen, please post. Better yet, post that you will be up for running something or you will be bringing your army X and want to roll some dice.

The later is important since it would be best if we have some posts here so we can gauge the interest in different games. We don't want to pour effort in setting up a Dystopian Wars mega-battle if most of the miniature gamers are looking for 40K.

So, everyone who is reading this, what games do people out there want to play? Please post! The more posts for a particular game system, the more likely we will work up something special for it.

Wool for the Wool God!!!!
SheepBoy

Postby ralphie9181 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

Sure, I play Warmachine and Hordes so that would be cool to see, and I also play 40k and would love to get a few games of that in as well. I don't have any specific board games in mind, but I love to learn new ones, and I know they are a great way to get through a 24 hour gaming event.
ralphie9181

Return to EXTRA LIFE 24hr CHARITY GAMING EVENT