(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

Rotterhorn Results and Feedback

Warmachine, Hordes, and Iron Kingdoms

Moderator: ater daeus

Rotterhorn Results and Feedback

Postby ater daeus » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:34 pm

CONGRATS TO JAMES HOWARD ON WINNING THE LEAGUE!!!

Rest up, the next round starts soon...

Please post feedback here for changes you would like to see for the next league.
Subtlety is a word for strategy; brutality, for tactics. Even the most complex battle plans eventually require the application of brute force. ~ Irusk
ater daeus
Quarterstaff Employee

Re: Rotterhorn League Standings and Rules

Postby Requiemnex » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Does this mean you can play more than three games a week in week 2+?
Requiemnex

Re: Rotterhorn League Standings and Rules

Postby ater daeus » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes it does. As the only extra games you can play are small, it should not terrible affect those that can not play that many games.
Subtlety is a word for strategy; brutality, for tactics. Even the most complex battle plans eventually require the application of brute force. ~ Irusk
ater daeus
Quarterstaff Employee

Re: Rotterhorn Results and Feedback

Postby Requiemnex » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm

We said this already but I will post it here just for feedback from other people. Fewer games during the week that count for the league so James doesnt play monopaly all over our faces to win.
Requiemnex

Postby barbercat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:59 pm

I would like see a better scoring mechanic. I can only play a game or 2 a week at that rate I will never have a chance to win league coins. Ratio or point boosting for beating better players to help bring the limited players on par with regulars who can play more often. Other than that I really enjoyed Rotterhorn.
barbercat

Postby Archleone » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 am

I don't know the exact numbers, but just from observation...
we've been trying some different stuff to make sure that the more... active players don't get too much of an edge, but any less than 3-5 games a week we've been doing would result in too little of a differential between winning players. the way games count, if everyone won two games a week we'd never see a clear winner.

Personally I think the last time we had different points for experienced players vs new ones, it worked pretty well, but I don't actually know the exact results... that was during battlebox league, which was... well. you know. limited.

In my opinion, having the one 15 point game a week wasn't really working... most of our more experienced players knew to choose someone who had the resources to work against them, but I saw 4 or 5 games this month where someone walked in with a battlebox plus an extra beast/jack or solo and was pressed into a rushed 15-point game against someone really competitive. Obviously newer players have the choice to say no, but I just don't think it worked out well overall for them.
Me: Man, I hope Legion gets a dragoon model soon. I want an ogrun riding, like, a raek or something.
Kai: maybe you'll get, like, an ogrun with a shredder taped to each foot, like a roller skater!
Archleone

Postby Vayhne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 am

I liked how the league this time around progressed to being able to play more games, last league I played my 3 each week and still was ancy to play, but I ran into the problem of people not wanting to play because they already got 3 games in. At the very least I do like having a limit to the game sizes you can get credit for, only a couple people can throw down 150 pts games :p
Vayhne

Return to Privateer Press Games