(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

New Dungeon Master in burlington, Looking to start a game

Discuss all RPG's here!

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

Re: New Dungeon Master in burlington, Looking to start a game

Postby Blackwell » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Still here, Any luck with that friend daeroos?
Blackwell

Postby Blackwell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:13 am

Okay so I still have the desire to do this, and I'll keep posting until I get some traction. To follow soon will be snip-its of the world you'll be playing in. Maybe a highly detailed map as well. And maybe some apple cider.... maybe.

First bit of information, there is history. Kind of a lame disclaimer as every attention starved nerd has a history populated world, but there it is. Further more I will go so far as to say, you will not be playing as chosen, prophesied, one champions of order. I left those stories behind in seventh grade.

Cheers
Blackwell

Postby Daeroos » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey, sorry about the delay in response, things got a bit hectic. No luck on my end so far, but I'll keep trying. I'd definately be interested in hearing about the campaign world.
Daeroos

Postby Blackwell » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm

I seem to be lax in my upkeep on this thread, but I shall endeavor to keep the flame alive.

I have started a mutants and masterminds campaign which usually meets twice a week, but I would still love to run a game in the DnD.

On the matter of the campaign world.

- This is a full on world where people live, love, and pass on. It has existed in its current form since before memory began and to the ordinary individual, will continue as such until they lay down their part. Civilization spans the better part of a continent, with settlements ranging from the capital city to the small town. There are maybe 5-6 major powers, all holding their lands through a system of democracy to monarchies.

Since I am using this for DnD, then all the standard rules and races apply, with one or two additions.

When I upload a map this will make more sense but for now, Humans occupy 2 major kingdoms. First is located in the crown valley. A land surrounded on all sides by high mountains caped with steam, backed by the sea. There rests the seat of power of the Crown Valley, the citadel city of Sky. While the city is very much earthbound, many see the name as coming from the floating citadel. It sits in the middle of a great chasm, in defiance of gravity.

The second gathering are the Northern Freeholds, a loose assortment of Lords and Kings who govern through parliament representative. Together the control the snow line, the division between where it is warm, and where it is not. Separately, they each control an area the size of Maine. The freehold parliament is located on the far side of the eternal and its lake, in the city of Rougue. It is a city built for trade and fueled by greed. It is said that all great ventures live or die on the banks of the rougue, and anything can be found for a price.

The other races have their seats of power, and I will elaborate on them in due time. Also there are a number of landmarks and Oddities to make this a world of wonder and detail for the fresh faced adventurer to explore.

On the subject of magic, it is a prickly one, full of information and one that requires quite a bit of organization in order to present as a coherent whole. It is there. It is a fact of life. It is a force of nature. It is not for the learning, but a birthright of the chosen many.

I will continue on this and much more in my next update.
Blackwell

Postby Blackwell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:52 am

I will upload a map of this place before Christmas, but I would like, briefly, to touch on the elves of this world. Contrary to the popular belief that most elves are born with a tree up their collective backsides, the elves live much the same way as man, in buildings and cities all above ground and safe from wood rot.

They do however live in a heavily forested area, mainly directly on the slopes of the crown valley and are a primary trade partner to that mess. Given their longevity and table manners, they tend to have a more "refined", as they call it, sense of life. Their buildings are built with an eye for nature and flow rather than than the squat, brooding style of their neighbors.

In culture, they are again not much removed form humans, they live, fight and get drunk with the best of them. The only real difference is in their experience. They tend to project a sense of superiority and cynicism in the presence of shorter lived species.
Blackwell

Postby Blackwell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:08 pm

and of course life whisks me away before I can update anything more. I am on job down in the city until the 20th, byt which point I hope to get back to my detailing.

Cheers
Blackwell

Postby Companions Vale » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm

hi i am new to quarterstaff games
and i am interested in playing AD&D.

i also reside in burlington.
Companions Vale

Postby earthquakegodlizard » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 pm

howdy,
I'm new in town and jonesing fer a game. can i get in on a piece of the action?
earthquakegodlizard

Postby Ishcumbeebeeda » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 am

(Hope this is still ... active... relevant... whatever word I'm looking for. Anyway...) Hi, I live about an hour away from Burlington and I'm dying to play some D&D 3.5! As far as I know my fiance is dying to game too (which is good, cuz I have neither a car nor the legal ability to drive one), but I'd have to run it by her. I'm not sure if she's still willing to drive out to Burlington once a week now that she has a new job, but if she is then I certainly am. Anyway, hopefully all goes well and we can start gaming before I die of D&D withdrawal symptoms! *twitch*

This is far more fun than it has any right to be.
Ishcumbeebeeda

Postby changingvamp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:39 pm

I'd rather play somewhere closer to Johnson because driving sucks...but I love that my fiance (Ishcumbeebeeda) is interested in making contact with the world beyond me...what night might this game be? I work at a school right now, and it's an hour to get him and another hour to Burlington, so Saturday is really the only day that works well for us to travel anywhere...Friday evening or Sunday morning are good if we can meet in Johnson...
keep the heat in your soul
changingvamp

Postby Trader2699 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:29 pm

I'd love to get a game going!

I've been a DM for years, from 2nd Edition to 3.5. I haven't played 4th at all, but I would love to actually sit on the other side of the DM shield and roll some dice!

I tend to like to play support characters, like Bards and Clerics if that helps at all.

I live in Westford, so I'm about 30-35 minutes out from B-Town. I would probably have problems with a weekly game, but I could do monthly or every two weeks with no issues.
This might be satire.
Trader2699

Postby Daeroos » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Well, sorry I've been away so long, I had all but given up hope on here but it seems there is (or at least within the last couple of months was) some new activity. So who is still interested in a game?
Daeroos

Re: New Dungeon Master in burlington, Looking to start a gam

Postby Vulkar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey,

I figured I'd drop a post in here because I'm looking for a group. I'm a newbie player who'd really like to get into some D&D. I'd posted another topic looking for some people to play with, but this seemed like the most active thread so I figured I'd hit it up too. Did a group ever get formed? Is it still in the process of being formed? If so, interested in having me join your group? I'm a newbie, but I'd love to learn the game and really get into it.
Vulkar

Postby Trader2699 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Daeroos wrote:Well, sorry I've been away so long, I had all but given up hope on here but it seems there is (or at least within the last couple of months was) some new activity. So who is still interested in a game?

ME! Oh, pick me! See my post above yours.
This might be satire.
Trader2699

Postby Rythandulis » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:33 am

Hey,
I'm Matty. Been playing a long time and always looking for new good gamers. Feel free to shoot me an email at rythandulis@Yahoo.com if you're looking for gamers/ groups to throw down with.
Best,
Matty
Rythandulis

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games