802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

The Future of Pathfinder Society at Qstaff

Discuss all RPG's here!

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

The Future of Pathfinder Society at Qstaff

Postby mattmiller » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Greetings,

As some of you already know, I was laid off from Qstaff this past Friday :evil: In addition to greatly affecting me personally, we will no longer be able to play at the table in the store. The only reason we could play in the store after hours was because an employee, me, was present for the whole event. Now we will have to play in the Gamespace and contend with the noise from the Magic draft tournament. This is far from optimal as the Gamespace is noisy on Wednesday nights.

We can try it and see how it goes or we can try to come up with an alternative. I believe that the quietest night of the week in the Gamespace is Monday night. It is casual card game night and I think that attendance is generally lower on Monday nights than on any other night. How does a switch to Monday nights sound to everyone? If folks are available on mondays, I will contact the store and see if we can switch nights.
mattmiller

Re: The Future of Pathfinder Society at Qstaff

Postby mattmiller » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Ok, it seems that Monday nights are very busy in the Gamespace - even more so than Wednesday nights. Since I have not gotten any responses to my first post, I will assume that we are playing in the Gamespace on Wednesday nights.
mattmiller

Postby Trom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Actually Matt,
Neil Carr volunteered to hold the game at his house which is right across from the UVM gym parking garage.
Luke is GMing so if you have any questions please refer to him also so that we can contact all the other players.
John
Trom

Postby mattmiller » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:11 am

I spoke with Jeff (the new manager) today and he is fine with us playing at the store table after hours. In fact, he would love to have us continue to offer a Pathfinder game at the store. Even though I am no longer a store employee, I am still a trustworthy soul :) and Jeff is very comfortable with us playing in the store.

I appreciate Neil and Annick's generous offer. However, this group was started as a Qstaff event and I feel funny about taking the game out of the store - especially if we don't have to. Neil and Annick are perfectly welcome to start their own Pathfinder group at their house and I would happily play in it. Maybe they could run alternating weeks at their house to match the store schedule. That way, those who want to play every week can do so.

What does everyone in the group think? I don't want to come off as the Pathfinder dictator here. I would really appreciate everybody weighing in with their own opinions.
mattmiller

Postby echoota » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Annick and I have no problem playing at Quarterstaff on Wednesdays. I think right now we can only juggle one Pathfinder game so we're happy to play there. The last thing I heard was that we weren't playing at Quarterstaff anymore, so it's great that it is still available.
echoota

Postby mattmiller » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Question number 1 - Are we playing at the store tonight?

Question number 2 - Is Luke GMing tonight?

I rolled up a first level dwarven fighter today, so if needed, I will assume Luke's role as the party meat shield :roll:
mattmiller

Postby Trom » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm

there are actually quite a few of us tanks/meat shields so you don't have to worry about that.
Yes Luke is Gming and yes i believe we are playing at the store tonight.
Trom

Return to Role Playing Games