(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

Any superhero types around?

Discuss all RPG's here!

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

Any superhero types around?

Postby Daeroos » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey all. Just have a hankering to play (or even run) a superhero style game. The ones I've played most and am most familiar with are the old Marvel system (TSR) or the old DC system (Mayfair games)/Blood of Heroes. I know there are a lot of them out there, and would be interested in seeing if there are enough other people interested to start up a game (whether I'm playing or running is open, depending on other interested people). Just let me know.
Daeroos

Re: Any superhero types around?

Postby Trader2699 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm up for playing any kind of RPG, but my experience is limited to D&D, GURPS, and RIFTS.

On the plus side, I learn quickly, and I am an avid superhero geek.

I will play, but not run a game. I can meet monthly.
This might be satire.
Trader2699

Postby Daeroos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 am

Alright, I wouldn't mind a monthly game, any specific days work best for you? Hopefully we can get a couple more players and get things started shortly. Either system is fairly easy to learn, and technically there's a superhero game that uses the palladium(rifts) system, but usually I like the others as they have a bit more free form style as far as characters go.
Daeroos

Postby Trader2699 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:37 am

Any day but Sunday, that's when I play Heroclix.

I'll trust your judgment as to what system you want to use. The Pallidium systems seem a little archaic when compared to modern gaming systems. I'd honestly try to find something D20 based. It's easy to learn, and we could probably grab a few more people as time goes on.
This might be satire.
Trader2699

Postby Daeroos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Yes, the rifts/palladium system is fairly... cumbersome I think is a nice word. On the upside if you can learn that you can learn just about anything lol. There is at least 1 d20 game out there I can take a look at, Mutants&Masterminds, although I tend to like the other games because they are overall pretty simple and easy to learn and play, and also they are not level based, which there are pros and cons to but overall I prefer. Well we'll see how much other interest is out there and then come to hopefully a consensus on a night and such.
Daeroos

Postby Trader2699 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 am

I think I actually have the core rulebook for Mutants and Masterminds kicking around somewhere...

Level based games are pretty good, actually. They give incentive.

Let's hope this thread picks up some more traffic soon.
This might be satire.
Trader2699

Postby DrFaust » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Trader2699 wrote:Level based games are pretty good, actually. They give incentive.

Mutants & Masterminds' levels are more of a benchmark of ability level. The powers a character has, and their breadth and utility, depend on a points system more akin to GURPS.
Held Action, a blog about tabletop gaming and Vermont.

Carnagecast, Vermont's tabletop gaming podcast.
DrFaust

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 am

While I probably couldn't participate in a regular game (with me being across the lake and all), I'd be happy to run a quick game of Mutants & Masterminds on Free RPG Day if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Sorry ... meant M&M ...
Sketchpad

Return to Role Playing Games