Quarterstaff Games
152 Church Street
Burlington VT 05401Click to see a map.
(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

Questions about pathfinder society (Wednesdays)

Discuss all RPG's here!

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

Questions about pathfinder society (Wednesdays)

Postby Kingbreaker » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:47 am

Hi folks. . . I'm interested in stopping by on Wednesdays for the Pathfinder RPG nights. Here are a few questions. . .

1) Are spots limited? Is it first-come-first serve or advanced signup . . . or is it not that big of an issue?

2) Is 3.5/Pathfinder experience required? I've played a good bit of DnD, but most of it was 20 years ago in version 2.

3) What kind of character class would fit in well with the current group?

Thanks!

John
Kingbreaker

Re: Questions about pathfinder society (Wednesdays)

Postby echoota » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi John,

Spots aren't exactly limited. There is a theoretical limit to the number of people we could seat for a given session but we haven't had that limit get reached yet.

No experience required, we just had someone show up who hasn't played any RPG ever. The rules do reward mastering them, but it isn't necessary to play. While there are a lot of structural changes to the game between 2nd edition and 3rd/Pathfinder, all of the tropes still exist, so it's easy enough to wing it until you've had a chance to read up on the rules.

We have around twelve or so people showing up at any given session and so there is quite a spread of characters, particularly now that some players have a couple of different characters that they switch around with. Still, things I haven't seen much of:

Barbarian
Sorcerer
Wizard

Plus, there are the new classes that are in the Advanced Player's Guide, which I believe is supposed to be out tomorrow. These are the Alchemist, Summoner, Oracle, Witch, Cavalier, and Inquisitor.

Hope that helps!
echoota

Postby Kingbreaker » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for the info!

I may indeed get my feet wet again next week, schedule permitting.
Kingbreaker

Postby Kingbreaker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 pm

So. . . . thanks for last wednesday!

I was the .5 elf cavalier in the low level room - everyone was very welcoming and I had a great time playing.

Quick question: typically, how soon after the adventure is the session logged at paizo.com? I'm not in rush, but it would be good to know that I'm doing the paperwork correctly.

Thanks again,

J
Kingbreaker

Return to Role Playing Games