Quarterstaff Games
152 Church Street
Burlington VT 05401Click to see a map.
(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

New to 4e, but experienced in D&D looking for a group...

Discuss all RPG's here!

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

New to 4e, but experienced in D&D looking for a group...

Postby GremlinPatch » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi, I am looking for a local Burlington group that is currently running D&D 4e. I have over 14 years of experience (mainly 2e) and 13 years of that was DMing. I am very excited about joining a group, so if you are in need of another player or if you are looking to start a D&D 4e group please give me a shout! Thank you and have a good day!
GremlinPatch

Re: New to 4e, but experienced in D&D looking for a group...

Postby Thayd » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 pm

As I'm sure you noticed, there are a few threads about this already, each kinda fizzling out as a group either fills or fails to form.
I've actually talked with enough people by now (leftovers from groups that failed or never got together) that we may actually have enough for a group now! (If you're okay with DMing, cus all the people I know are players.

List of possible players:
Shegger (and a friend...maybe)
Myself (and 2 friends)

Plus side, that gives us at least 4, hopefully 5, players, and one DM :)
The downside is that Shegger, myself, and one of my friends all leave in about a month to go back to college.....
Thayd

Postby GremlinPatch » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 am

First off, thanks for the reply I wasn’t sure how this would go considering the similarities to online dating! Lol Second, I have no issues DMing since how most of the 14 years of D&D was spent DMing.
Finally, it doesn’t seem like a lot of time to game with 3 out of the (possible) 5 players intending to leave in a month. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against doing quick dungeon crawls for fun, but it does limit an all out campaign.

If you all don’t mind this then I don’t see why we (the “motley crew” of these forums) can’t get together and have some fun! Heh heh
You can contact me at; ColdCanvasCult@gmail.com
GremlinPatch

Postby Thayd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah, on the plus side however it gives you an easy way to learn 4.0 before starting a real campaign of your own :)
I have TONS of published 4.0 adventure material from the online magazine, so I think that'll be an easy place for you to start :) And also, I'm sure there will be loads of college kids coming INTO town who can replace us when we leave.
Thayd

Postby GremlinPatch » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Ah not to worry about adventures, I have D&D insider, most of the 4e books and a creative mind... adventures is the least of my woes! :) All that is left is get in contact with the 5, email me at my gmail account so we can disclose the "when and where".
GremlinPatch

Postby Shegger » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Hey ya I'm definitely down. Unfortunately though I don't have a friend who plays DnD around here.
Shegger

Postby Shegger » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:25 pm

And by the way I'm free to play any day anytime, and Thayd if you have 2 friends plus me and yourself thats a group of 4 which, i think, is the best number of players.
Shegger

Postby GremlinPatch » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Agreed... I don't run more than 6 players on any campaign/adventure.
GremlinPatch

Postby Thayd » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:40 am

I think 5 is ideal cus then u can have a second defender or striker, but yeah 4 still covers all the bases so we're in business!
One of my friends can't do weekends, but other than that is open any day. Jeremy, what is an ideal day 4 you next week? I've found that getting the party together for character creation is best because then we have all roles covered and build characters with good synergy. After that we can prolly play a quick session, depending on time.
Thayd

Postby Thayd » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Okay, just a quick update, amongst myself and my friends, Monday and Thursday are open, and Tuesday after 5
Thayd

Postby Shegger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm good with all those times. Just can't wait to play. I really want to before the summer is over.
Shegger

Postby Thayd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Okay then, I propose Tuesdays and Thursdays in the late afternoon/evening (if people are up for twice a week that is).
Tuesday the 10th (tomorrow) may be a bit ambitious, but if everyone gets this message in time and is free, lets shoot for it. Otherwise we'll wait for Thursday the 12th
Thayd

Postby Shegger » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am

Ya I'm definitely down for twice a week. Id prefer late afternoon if we could though. But if everyone gets the message than I can come today, but since that is highly unlikely how bout we meet on Thursday at say 4:30 at quarterstaff games.
Shegger

Postby Thayd » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Hey....not sure if you'll get this shegger but im PMing you also just to be sure....I haven't heard back from our DM yet so idk if he's gonna make it, but perhaps you'd like to meet up tonight anyway? That way we can create our characters together to be sure the party is well balanced? (plus my 2 friends are new to D&D so they could use the help)
Thayd

Postby Shegger » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Hey sorry i missed you message. How about if our DM still doesnt respond we meet up thursday afternoon anyway and make characters. How about 4:30 we meet at quarterstaff?
Shegger

Next

Return to Role Playing Games