802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

New D&D 4th Edition Game Starting, All Welcome

Discuss all RPG's here!

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

New D&D 4th Edition Game Starting, All Welcome

Postby Vaedron » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I will be starting a new D&D 4th Edition game on Fridays at Quarterstaff's Game Lounge starting this Friday 8/12 @ 5pm. This game is open for any and everyone interested, especially new players, and is primarily inspired by a bunch of my friends wanting to try out D&D for the first time. If you are a veteran player of D&D, Pathfinder, or any other tabletop RPGs and you would like to lend a hand I welcome your assistance, especially when running combat and for helping new players customize their characters.

Since this is my first time DMing and since there will be a number of first-time players we will just be creating characters and running through trial combat scenarios for the next 3 Fridays (8/12, 8/19, 8/26) to get started. I am not using an established gaming world like Forgotten Realms but rather am creating an entirely new one, so coming to the character creation nights will allow me to incorporate your character's backstory into the world itself, as well as provide you an opportunity to create existing connections with other player's characters for use in the game. If any of you have Player's Guides or a subscription to D&D Insider and want to bring a laptop I will do my best to get an Internet connection for us to aide in character creation, I have 1 set of books myself and a laptop as a start.

We will meet every Friday starting at 5pm for game except the 1st Fridays of the month when the folks from http://2600.com will join us to talk technology, but I hope you all come out for these meetings too! Here are directions to the Game Lounge (above Body Art Tattoo on Main Street): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=178+Main+Street,+Burlington,+VT&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.638819,86.572266&z=16

If you have any questions feel free to email me at vaedron@gmail.com or post here on the forum, I hope to see you there!

-Justin
Vaedron

Return to Role Playing Games