(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

Halloween/Spooky Themed Gaming on the 27th

Forum of all board games

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

Halloween/Spooky Themed Gaming on the 27th

Postby SheepBoy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 am

While on the 20th I will be demoing 'Endeavor' (with 10% discount coupons in hand), the next week (27th) there is movement towards playing games appropriate for the season.

Arkham Horror has been mentioned. Last Night on Earth would be good if only we had a copy. Betrayal on the House on the Hill would be cool. I have Zombies!!!! and Fearsome Floors (which is alot of fun and I should get to the table more often).

Here are the Boardgame Geek entries:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15987
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29368
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10547
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2471
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7805

A round or two of Werewolf would be fun for me since I have a hard time getting enough people together to play that game as it should be.

I can be there early, 6PM or even sooner since I get out of work at 5. Anyone else want to kick things off early?

Also, this could be a good event to try to bring someone new to and to publicize in order to pull in some new gamers. If nobody objects I may put up some flyers and try to get something in Front Porch Forum, 7 Days, Craigslist.

Anyone want to bring holiday munchies? Would costumes be too much?

Wool for the Wool God!!!!
SheepBoy

Re: Halloween/Spooky Themed Gaming on the 27th

Postby DrFaust » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:09 pm

My fingers are crossed to make it with Arkham Horror in hand.
Held Action, a blog about tabletop gaming and Vermont.

Carnagecast, Vermont's tabletop gaming podcast.
DrFaust

Postby mattmiller » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:28 pm

The store has a copy of Last Night On Earth. At least they did when I was working there. :wink:
mattmiller

Postby RedShark92 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:41 am

I'm planning on making it up this coming Tuesday.

As discussed previously I have Fury of Dracula and Last Night on Earth, in theme.

Fury goes up to 5 players and will probably take around 3 hours.

LNOE goes up to 6 and varies by scenario. One scenario will typically range around an hour, but can range form 30-90 minutes.

EDIT: I work in Waterbury and get out of work at 5:00. In theory I could be in town as early as 5:30. I might be up for stopping somewhere for a drink if anybody would be interested in joining, or I could go right to the store. Either way, the latest I'd see getting there myself would be around 6:00.

EDIT Again: My LNOE is very tricked out. I have Growing Hunger and most of the web expansions...
------------------------------
Joe Reil
RedShark92

Postby DrFaust » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Oh, the choices are maddening.
Held Action, a blog about tabletop gaming and Vermont.

Carnagecast, Vermont's tabletop gaming podcast.
DrFaust

Postby SheepBoy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:51 pm

I can be at the game space as early as 5:30 to get an early start on the gaming.

Wool for the Wool God!!!!
SheepBoy

Postby RedShark92 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks for the game last night, guys.

This was only my 3rd play of Fury, hence the need to look a few things up now and again, hope that wasn't too much of a bother. :) Also tell me if you think any more info upfront would have been helpful. I haven't actually played on the Hunter side yet, so it's a little difficult teaching it. Thankfully it is a game that's very easy to learn on the fly, so I think that mitigates it a bit.

Anyway, had a blast, and whether or not you could tell you guys definitely had me on my toes all night with that one. I definitely look forward to getting more plays of this in so I can learn more of the sneaky tricks for the Dracula side, and maybe even get to play a Hunter at some point...

Anyway, I've figured out that DrFaust is Tyler - other than that, can someone give me a run-down of who's who, if anyone else who was present is also posting here, for instance.

I'm definitely going to try to make it up again, and hopefully semi-regularly. I can't make it every week, sadly, but I'm going to try for once a month or so...

And lastly, I had mentioned this to Tyler - I live in Barre which is a bit out of the way for most of you guys, but if anybody would be willing to make the trip down I'd be happy to host some gaming at my place now and again. I've got a nice space for gaming at my place, and a few friends down here who join in, so it'd be some fresh faces. If that's a possibility we can figure something out.
------------------------------
Joe Reil
RedShark92

Return to Board Games