(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

Constructive Advice for Sanguine Bond

A forum for all collectible card games and related subjects

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

Constructive Advice for Sanguine Bond

Postby Clem_ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 am

Alex, this is me staying up way too late. I hope you like the deck, I built it with Sanguine Bond and tried to make it good.
3 Sanguine Bond
4 Doom Blade
4 Harrow
4 Rampant Growth
3 Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
3 Eternity Vessel
4 Maelstorm Pulse
3 Rampaging Baloths
4 Diabolic Tutor
4 Sign in Blood
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Marsh Flats
2 Misty Rainforest
9 Swamp
7 Forest

In case you haven't guessed yet, this is Zev. I built a landfall deck with Eternity Vessel, which if you ramp into it early enough, should kill them easily once you land the bond. It probably needs more creatures so maybe cutting the Rampant Growths for Vampire Nighthawks would be good. I have no idea on the sideboard, probably Infests or Marsh Casualties so you don't auto scoop to aggro. I put in as much CA/filtering as possible to make finding the combo easier.
ClearlyOutplayed wrote:Are you reffering to the fact that Jake doesn't have proper dental hygiene, or to the fact that he is a complete waste of oxygen?

andrewsiller wrote:My constructed advice for Sanguine Bond is: don't play Sanguine Bond.
Clem_

Re: Constructive Advice for Sanguine Bond

Postby A.C.O Bergeron » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:58 pm

does Eternity Vessel gain life or just put you at the set life when you landfall?

Is diabolic tutor really needed?

The deck only has one way to gain life Sanguine bond deserves better ZEV and you know it. You should play tendrils of corruption and mores swamps. Maybe Malakir bloodwitch could fit in the deck. Having pro-path and banslayer doesn't suck.
Just my thoughts.
I'm Gonna see you on the otherside.

-Lars Frederiksen & Tim Armstrong
A.C.O Bergeron

Postby Clem_ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:04 pm

I don't know, I thought that setting the life total counted as gaining life so the bond would trigger off of it.

There were a few in Alex's original list and I thought that changing it the least I could would probably be the "nice" thing to do considering I cut one colour and added a new one.

Good call on the Tendrils, though. I could probably cut a few forests and the Rampaging Baloths for those and more swamps. Maybe take out the tutors for that Grazing dude with landfall gain two life?

Thanks for the reply, and nice avy btw.
ClearlyOutplayed wrote:Are you reffering to the fact that Jake doesn't have proper dental hygiene, or to the fact that he is a complete waste of oxygen?

andrewsiller wrote:My constructed advice for Sanguine Bond is: don't play Sanguine Bond.
Clem_

Postby ClearlyOutplayed » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

This has nothing to do with your list or sanguine bond but I really wanna play Muir's states deck with Eternity Vessel. lulz
ClearlyOutplayed

Postby andrewsiller » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 am

My constructed advice for Sanguine Bond is: don't play Sanguine Bond.
[Re: Thornbite Staff] "It is clear that Mike [Flores] has never played this card. ... You know it has an activation cost of two, right Mike? It doesn’t compare to Viridian Longbow, let alone Goblin Sharpshooter." -Patrick Chapin
andrewsiller

Postby Clem_ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

That's what I said, but he insisted on it. So I thought playing good cards like Pulse and Sign in Blood would lessen the terribadness of Sanguine Bond. Though I think I've found the best use for Sanguine Bond; a proxy for Malikir Bloodwitch.

Clem_

Return to Collectible Card Games