(opens in a new window)

802-863-3666

qstaffvt@gmail.com

February 9: Dominion Tournament

Forum of all board games

Moderator: Watchers in the Dark

February 9: Dominion Tournament

Postby DrFaust » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Quarterstaff Games is sponsoring a Dominion tournament on Tuesday, February 9th. Test your deck-building skills and vie for a prize donated by Rio Grande Games!

The tournament rules are as follow:

• There will be three rounds of play, in which everyone participates. Players will be randomly divided into groups of three or four at the beginning of each round.
  • At the beginning of each round, ten Kingdom cards will be drawn randomly by the referee. Those are the ten cards each table will use in the round, plus Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy and Province -- and Curse, if the Witch is drawn.
  • In each round, Dominion is played as usual. A game ends as soon as the Province deck or three other decks are emptied.
  • And the end of a round, players will be awarded a number of tourney points based on their victory point ranking and the size of their group. In a group of four, the points awarded are, from first place to last, 3, 2, 1, 0. In a group of three, the points are, from first place to last, 2, 1, 0.
  • Overall placement in the tournament will be determined by total tourney points won during play. The highest number of tourney points earns first place, second highest tourney points earns second and so on.

The first place tourney player wins a unique prize donated by Rio Grande Games. The second place tourney player wins a T-shirt donated by Quarterstaff Games.

Sign-in begins at 6:30. The first round starts at 7:00.

Space is limited to the number of Dominion sets we can muster -- at least three, probably four. If you can lend one to the cause, please do so!
Held Action, a blog about tabletop gaming and Vermont.

Carnagecast, Vermont's tabletop gaming podcast.
DrFaust

Re: February 9: Dominion Tournament

Postby SheepBoy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:23 am

In each round, will the 10 Kingdom cards that are drawn by the Ref apply to all tables or will each table have their own mix? I would suggest the former, but that is my own 2cents.

Wool for the Wool God!!!!
SheepBoy

Postby DrFaust » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 am

SheepBoy wrote:In each round, will the 10 Kingdom cards that are drawn by the Ref apply to all tables or will each table have their own mix? I would suggest the former, but that is my own 2cents.

I intended to convey the former, yes. All tables play with the same set of Kingdom cards in a round.

DrFaust

Postby DrFaust » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Update: we have five Dominion sets confirmed, so that's currently a cap of 20 seats in next week's tournament.

Sign-up starts at 6:30 and it's first come, first serve. If you're teetering on the brink of buying your own copy of the game, consider this a sign.

DrFaust

Return to Board Games